Welcome to Lent 2013!

(…and your burden is light!)

A 40-day Lenten Blog on Taking Ownership of the Purse You've Been Given

Welcome to the 2013 Lenten Blog for All Saints Episcopal Church!


During the next 40 days, we hope you'll ben enriched by the daily readings from Forward Day by Day and a commentary about our bags. Bags? Keep reading sister or brother…Just like Austin Powers in the hilarious movie of the same name, we often deny the contents of our briefcase! Lent is a wonderful time to remember that God fills our supply sack daily with all the resources, tools and strengths we need to bless others. Maybe its our Lenten calling to take ownership of our purse!


It IS our bag, baby!


This Lent, be challenged to read God's word, pray to be a blessing and eagerly await the opportunity to open your bag.

Join in and see what surprises God has given you to help others out.

Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18


Click here for today's readings on Forward Day by Day: http://prayer.forwardmovement.org/the_daily_readings.php?d=18&m=2&y=2013


So, I'm trying to remember to walk confidently along my path knowing I am well stocked.

Now the next trick may be honing in to my "do unto others" awareness so I can be ready to use my supplies. This is a hard task. For more than 400 days before my 40th birthday last year, I tried to habit myself into looking out for others' needs. Every day, I practiced prayer and silence and scripture reading and then readied myself for self-unawareness. It was a challenge! But so many blessings ensued. Even still, it was a very easy ritual to fall out of — and once the experiment ended, I was back to putting little 'ole me back in the middle of my universe.

This Lent, I think I'm going to have to put me back offstage. I'm packed and ready to go. But I can't do much when my own needs get in the way. So I'm going to ship myself off for a while and let The Big Guy take over. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment