Welcome to Lent 2013!

(…and your burden is light!)

A 40-day Lenten Blog on Taking Ownership of the Purse You've Been Given

Welcome to the 2013 Lenten Blog for All Saints Episcopal Church!


During the next 40 days, we hope you'll ben enriched by the daily readings from Forward Day by Day and a commentary about our bags. Bags? Keep reading sister or brother…Just like Austin Powers in the hilarious movie of the same name, we often deny the contents of our briefcase! Lent is a wonderful time to remember that God fills our supply sack daily with all the resources, tools and strengths we need to bless others. Maybe its our Lenten calling to take ownership of our purse!


It IS our bag, baby!


This Lent, be challenged to read God's word, pray to be a blessing and eagerly await the opportunity to open your bag.

Join in and see what surprises God has given you to help others out.

Friday, March 22, 2013

March 22


For today's Forward Day by Day, Click Here.

Sure. Just like the tools No, and Yes, Sure is a handy tool to pull out of the tool bag. Sure also goes by the name of Of Course. It's the tool your Caddy hands you when he knows you're really not that into it, but you have the time and resources to be into it, and well, you might as well just do it.

So Ben and I are here enjoying our first day of spring break. He slept in, although I've already had a full morning running little sis to school for her last day in the classroom. After washing back some donuts and asking me the dreaded, "What are we going to do today?" he proposes we go bowling, or do the zip line at the Alligator Farm. Caddy hands me No right away, which I implement. Then Ben suggests Monopoly. I physically want to fold laundry or run some errands or take an ice bath rather than play the often-hours-long Monopoly, but Caddy persists with his selection: Sure.

Sure. It may not be your idea of a fantabulous event or activity, but it probably is to the person who gets the Sure nod.  So here we go...plans for the day are in motion. Spring Break has officially begun. We have passed Go, I'm just hoping for a little Free Parking.

Jeremiah 29: 12: "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart,"

No comments:

Post a Comment