Welcome to Lent 2013!

(…and your burden is light!)

A 40-day Lenten Blog on Taking Ownership of the Purse You've Been Given

Welcome to the 2013 Lenten Blog for All Saints Episcopal Church!


During the next 40 days, we hope you'll ben enriched by the daily readings from Forward Day by Day and a commentary about our bags. Bags? Keep reading sister or brother…Just like Austin Powers in the hilarious movie of the same name, we often deny the contents of our briefcase! Lent is a wonderful time to remember that God fills our supply sack daily with all the resources, tools and strengths we need to bless others. Maybe its our Lenten calling to take ownership of our purse!


It IS our bag, baby!


This Lent, be challenged to read God's word, pray to be a blessing and eagerly await the opportunity to open your bag.

Join in and see what surprises God has given you to help others out.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26


For today's Forward Day by Day reading, Click Here.

Holy Week is here and now it's time for us all to ponder this special time in our own ways. I hope this blog has helped at least one or two people stick to the daily readings.

I'm trying to wrap this up while listening to son play trumpet in the living room, near the front door...where something has died under the front porch. In other words, I'm ending this blog with bleeding ears and the stench of death at my feet. We are packed to go to the Grand Canyon like a bunch of Griswolds on vacation. Happy Easter y'all!

(Oh for the love of God, does not have to be practice time?!?! I cannot think!)

As I reach for Patience and Kindness and some ear plugs, I will be reminiscing about our journey through our bags. This weekend, when we think about Easter baskets and Easter best purses, don't forget about all the wonderful tools and Easter gifts God has packed for us 24-7.

(Ok, now the beagle is howling at him. Yet, the trumpeting continues full bore! Lord. Can you say airline toddy?)

Singing off. Happy Easter and may your Caddy continue to help you use all the perfect tools and equipment he has designed for you to his glory and good works.

  For you are my hope, O LORD God, *
my confidence since I was young. 
  I have been sustained by you ever since I was born; from my mother's womb you have been my strength; *
my praise shall be always of you. 
  I have become a portent to many; *
but you are my refuge and my strength. 
  Let my mouth be full of your praise *
and your glory all the day long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment