Welcome to Lent 2013!

(…and your burden is light!)

A 40-day Lenten Blog on Taking Ownership of the Purse You've Been Given

Welcome to the 2013 Lenten Blog for All Saints Episcopal Church!


During the next 40 days, we hope you'll ben enriched by the daily readings from Forward Day by Day and a commentary about our bags. Bags? Keep reading sister or brother…Just like Austin Powers in the hilarious movie of the same name, we often deny the contents of our briefcase! Lent is a wonderful time to remember that God fills our supply sack daily with all the resources, tools and strengths we need to bless others. Maybe its our Lenten calling to take ownership of our purse!


It IS our bag, baby!


This Lent, be challenged to read God's word, pray to be a blessing and eagerly await the opportunity to open your bag.

Join in and see what surprises God has given you to help others out.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

March 23


For today's Forward Day by Day Reading, Click Here.

Today have been fiddling with the Resignation tool. It's what you grab when there's really no other plan of action to take. On Friday, I thought I'd get good and ready for spring break by running in for a spray tan...you know, to get a little color for our trip out West. Let's just say I didn't apply enough of the barrier cream to my hands and feet and now I am suffering the consequences. I look like I have some kind of liver disease, at least when I give someone a high five. Yuck. Uh oh spaghettios.

Caddy tossed me Resignation when I woke up and saw the full extent of my temporary sallowness. I can't scrub it off, or peel it off, or wash the crap out of my hands, or put acid on myself. That's what I get for approaching vanity. I get stuck with sick orange hands and yellow smokers fingernails. Oh well.

(This just in: Caddy tossed David Resignation when he screamed too loud during Monopoly and the dog butt-juiced on him. Resignation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment